Friday, July 18, 2008

props to the hubbie

I just have to say that i have the best husband in the world. Not only does he put up with my ridiculousness on a daily basis, and get out of bed every morning to help iron my pants and make my lunch so i can get out the door on time. But last night I still had yet to get my weekly track workout in. And b/c it's been hot - i've become a baby about running in the heat. Well Steve was patient enough to run up to the track with me at 9:20 last night - and since his legs aren't up to the pounding of a track workout just quite yet - last night - he walked the track while i did my 5 x 1000 m repeats in the pitch black dark - and then ran each of the recovery 400's with me and then ran me home the two mile cool down. It ended up being a pretty good workout - 1000's needed to be between 4:16 and 4:32 - i ran the following:

4:23
4:24
4:26
4:21
4:17

I think it's interesting that i always get faster towards the end of a workout - does that mean i'm holding back during the work out - or just excited to be done???
We didn't get home til 10:45 - and I know steve would have liked to have been in bed by about 9:30. I wouldn't have gotten the workout in - if he hadn't gone with me - I really appreciate it - and I know that most people wouldn't have done that!

1 comment:

solarsquirrel said...

Way to go with the track workouts! I'm going to try yet AGAIN for Solon tomorrow. Let's see how the weather holds up.