Monday, February 25, 2008

sticking to the schedule


The last month has been really hard to stick to my pig training schedule. With everything that was going on - I was lucky to get in what i could get in - - but for the most part - i stuck with my scheduled weekend long run - which is good.

Now that I'm back to reality - it's still tough to get the runs in - even though I don't have the time - my winter motivation is pretty low. I have to tell you - if it wasn't for Steve almost literally pushing me out the door most nights - I don't know that I would get my runs in at all - especially the long ones!

Yesterday I was due for a 16 miler. I have not run anything longer than 13.1 miles since a year ago october (that's what happens when you stop training for a specific race!) So - needless to say the mileage seemed a little daunting. So good old steve - shoved me out the door to cover a portion of the neighborhood that was an eight mile route. He said "can you do 8 today?" I said yes - so he shoved me out the door - and told me to come back in after 8 and reassess. So that's exactly what i did - came back in the house - switched into some dry clothes had some gatorade grabbed my now charged garmon and ran in random circles around the neighborhood til I got 8 more miles in. The run was slower than what I have been doing - about a 9:20 pace. I would like to run the pig at a 9:10 pace - so this worries me a bit - but then again it is the middle of winter - and I was taking it easy -- so maybe i'll be ok. Now i'm debating about whether to do the 15k or the 30k at the to catch a leprechaun race on sunday... hmmm decisions decisions...

3 comments:

TrainingtoTri said...

Good for you for getting out there! I say do the 30K! It can't hurt and it will let you assess where you really are with your time for the marathon and then adjust your training accordingly!

Kazahn said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

Tojagal said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.